7 boils in the last 12 hours! Over 400 hatchlings were counted between 8:30 and midnight! GO TEAM!!
- Nest 59 hatched sometime during the night with lots of tracks
- Nest 62 hatch early morning with the last one in the runway. All straight to the water.
- Nest 60 had a crab hole and 1 more hatchling track
- Nest 64 had a few more over night and 2 this morning
- Nest 65 had a couple of hatchlings at the nest this morning
- Nest 70 had a crab hole and a few more tracks
- Nest 70 had 96 hatchlings starting about 8:30.
- Nest 68 had 101 hatchlings straight to the water around 11:50
- Nest 60 had 81 hatchlings around midnight
- Nest 64 had a slow boil with 84 hatchlings by 10-ish and then another 4 after 11:00
- Nest 65 had 40 more hatchlings emerge around 8:30
- Nest 58 – 110 shells, 5 unhatched, 8 pipped and 19 live hatchlings some of which were pretty stuck in hard wet sand
MAN!!! Can you believe all the rain. If you get a chance to check your nests while its dry today, the wind has blown hard too.
2 dead hatchlings in the sand, closest nest is 67
Inventory Nest 51 – 19 shells, 116 unhatched and 4 live hatchlings
Morning patrol: It has rained so hard it’s hard to tell if anything has hatched but nest 46 had a big indent, nests 52 & 54 had big crab holes
- Nest 54 hatched a little after 10
- Nest 51 had 2 hatchlings at 9:00
Nest 50 – 103 shells, 11 unhatched and 5 live hatchlings
It was raining and has rained enough to cover any evidence of tracks. Nest 63 and 61 both had crevices that were big enough to indicate hatched but it was just too hard to tell. Green is at every nest up to 61 plus 63. We will take it to 62 after an inventory tonight.
- Nest 52 had 72 hatchlings making it to the water around 10:00
- Nest 56 hatched around 11:30 with 65 hatchlings
None last night