Morning patrol had lots of news this morning:
- The most exciting was that nest 38 boiled just as they pulled up. 65 hatchlings made it to the water.
- Nest 27 had a lot more hatchlings
- Nest 29 boiled during the night and they were everywhere but visitors on the beach corralled them to the water.
- Nest 36 hatched during the night.
- Nest 39 more hatchling tracks
- Nest 38 boiled this morning.
- Nest 40 had 2 hatchling tracks outside the green
- Nest 44 has a crevice
- Nest 18 and 46 had crab holes
Not sure what’s up with nest 18 (65 days) but Team 2 gets the “Most Dedicated” award. It could still happen. Unlike nest 18, nests are starting to hatch at 50 and 51 days, especially the relocated nests. We probably need to move our green day back to 48 days. Again, if you need help just let us know. The tide has receded so be sure you get as close to the high tide line as is comfortable.
- Nest 39 boiled around 11 with 65 turtles
- Inventory nest 31 – 130 shells, 6 unhatched, 1 pipped, 1 dead and 10 live hatchlings
- Inventory nest 33 – 96 shells, 10 unhatched, 20 pipped, 3 dead and 20 live hatchlings