Nest #17 Inventory
- Pipped Eggs-1
- Hatched Egg Shells-80
- This nest was naturally laid in a dune with thick roots in the nest cavity. It was very difficult to extract the nest contents!
Nest #24 Inventory
- Unhatched Eggs-14
- Hatched Egg Shells-81
- We relocated this nest from Southport and knew there were 109 eggs, so the count is off by 12. There were lots of shredded egg shell pieces that could not be counted as >50%.
- Team 0 would like to thank all the volunteers who helped us with the inventory crowd!!! There was great education happening!
- Nest #21 hatched with lots of tracks
- Nest #22 had one hatchling emerge, but it was caught by a crab
- Nest #93 was laid near the high tide line. 66 eggs were relocated to a safer location. The end of laying season is approaching and clutch sizes are getting smaller!
*This conservation work for protected sea turtles on Caswell Beach is authorized by the NC Wildlife Resources Commission (ES Permit 22ST03)