- Nest #75 Inventory (looked like water inundation, rain, early in development)
- Live- 0
- Dead- 0
- Pipped- 1
- Unhatched- 65 (no development)
- Hatched Egg Shells- 24
- Nest #84 had another hatchling track in the runway when the team arrived.
- Nest #80 had a good emergence. Some nice visitors had just left, so Marilyn ran to tell them it was hatching. The visitors were very appreciative!
- Nest #81 had one more hatchling track in the runway when checked later.
Tuesday Morning: The turtles were BUSY while we slept!
- Nests #83, #85, #87 and #88 all had LOTS of hatchlings emerge overnight!
- Nest #83 was on Day 53
- Nest #85 was on Day 52
- Nest #87 was on Day 52
- Nest #88 was on Day 49
- Nest #81 had 7 more hatchling tracks in the runway this morning.
Nest #78 is on Day 59 and has had no evidence of emergence, yet.
**This conservation work for protected sea turtles on Caswell Beach is authorized by the NC Wildlife Resources Commission (ES Permit 22ST03).