Wednesday, June 27

No turtle activity for the last 2 days. There hasn’t been any dredging activity for the past 2 days either. Maybe they are missing the hum of the pipe.

I’ve had several people ask about the organizational meeting. We are going to wait until after the 4th of July, date still TBD. Our nest #1 is in on the very eastern tip and has limited access. The volunteers that also work at Ft Caswell will be assigned that nest and morning patrol will check it daily. Nest #1 was overwashed several times during the first week of incubation. Historically, our first nest normally takes longer so no telling how many days it will really take. The 52nd day for nest #2 is July 14th and we will be in action by that date.